Get YOUR school recognized nationwide for your students’ outstanding Storytelling & Designing Skills
This Summer Break, Unleash the CREATIVE side of your students!
98thPercentile’s COMIX offers an opportunity for your students in grades 1-6 to participate in a one-of-a-kind event wherein we are all prepared to unleash the inner cartoonists. We are providing a platform which would first teach them how to frame a storyboard around the fictional characters in their thoughts and then also teach them how to animate them in form of nail-biting comic strips. After enriching them with the knowledge of how-to, we open the doors for a contest displaying the wonderful comic strips created by the kids.
Register your school here
School account managers are available to register your school and assist with any questions.
Call us at: +1(469) 676-8545, Email us at: email@example.com
Your school’s competitors in 98thPercentile COMIX will be eligible for Amazon gift cards, scholarships to 98th Percentile’s award-winning math, ELA and coding classes, and extensive media coverage for both themselves and your school. Winners will be featured in a digital press release where they will be interviewed about their experience and what it took to be crowned 98thPercentile Comix Queen/King, as well as be featured on blogs on 98thPercentile’s and their affiliates’ websites.
All schools will be provided with school level certificates and recognition on digital platforms
All comic strip writers will be placed in a group based on their age division. Final comic strips must be submitted on the following dates!
Do Your School Kids Have What It Takes?
KAPOW! Do you have an idea for an awesome new superhero?
BAM! How about a super funny pair of friends?
Share your story with the world by writing, drawing and designing your very own comic strip with 98th Percentile Comix!
“My dream in life is to write the one gag that makes everybody laugh.”
– Jim Davis (writer and creator of the Garfield comic series)
Become a Literacy Legend
Brainstorm a cool new story with interesting characters who do silly things and POW! Your reading and writing skills will morph into your superpowers!
Maybe you are super interested in robots who plot to take over the world together. Or maybe your great idea is a funny friendship between a monkey and a dolphin. Whatever it is, express your awesome ideas in a fun and creative way!
No story is complete without art! Younger Comix kids will draw their cartoons, while older Comix kids get to use an online graphic design program. A boy who grew magical antlers instead of ears? A girl who can listen to cats’ inner thoughts? If you can dream it, you can draw it!
Comix King or Queen!
Your comic strip will be shared on our social media wall to be seen by the world, plus, YOU get to be the judge! Like and Share what comic strips you think are the best and KaBOOM! Maybe YOU will be named the Top Comix Kid!
Are you ready to get started? Superheroes, robots, unicorns, or kids and talking animals… is that big brain of yours swirling with amazingly cool story ideas? Register for Comix today and start bringing your story to life!
When you join, you will be granted access to master classes that teach you how to become an expert comic writer. You’ll learn how to design a storyboard and how to write and draw your own comic strip.
All comics will be posted on our Comix wall and our judges will use different categories to score each one! At the end, 3 kids will be crowned the King or Queen of Comix!
Our Writing Wonder Kid
Check out footage from our previous events: Spell Kahoot, SMART and CAT!
Congratulations to all of our winners!
Grade – 1-2
Grade – 3-4
Grade – 3-4
1. Comix contest will be held for 3 categories: grades 1 & 2, grades 3 & 4, and grades 5 & 6. Grade levels for the competition are determined by current school grades.
2. Students and parents must provide genuine school details.
3. This contest is meant only for US citizens.
4. Comix is a virtual contest that will take place entirely online.
5. The Comix entires for the contest would be accepted from June 9, 2021. All entries for the contest will end by June 18, 2021.
6. Storyboard & Design Master Classes will be held on:
Unicorn (Grades 1 & 2): June 4, 2021
Garfield (Grades 3 & 4): June 5, 2021
Phoenix (Grades 5 & 6): June 6, 2021
7. Winners would be announced on June 20, 2021.
8. Awards and scholarships:
• 1st place winners: 3-month subscription to any of our classes (worth over $300) and $50 Amazon gift card
• 2nd place winners: 80% scholarship subscription for 3 months to any of our classes and $20 Amazon gift card
• 3rd place winners: 50% scholarship subscription for 3 months to any of our classes and $10 Amazon gift card
• Featured blog interviews and digital press release about the 3 winners per category
• Participation certificates for all contestants
9. This competition has only one level, and no follow-up events will occur for this event, though similar challenges in various categories and subjects will be held monthly.
10. Students must confirm their identity to receive prizes.
11. There is NO ENTRY FEE to this competition.
12. Following the competition, winners will be interviewed by our PR team and we admit the rights to publish the interviews across various channels associated with us.
13. The contest team will remove comic strips that have derogatory or inappropriate content.
14. Students will receive unique IDs on SMS and email as soon as they register for the contest. The mail/SMS must be kept with care, as it will be used as a userID for the contest.
15. In case you do not see any communication post-registration, please check your spam folders.
16. We will keep sharing important content through email, so please make sure you subscribe to our mailing list.
17. In case you have registered for more than 1 kid, you will receive separate unique IDs for them.
18. This is a private contest, and we possess every right to disenroll an entry if our team finds it inappropriate.
What are you waiting for, super writer?
Bring your ideas to life and register for ComiX today!