"If you can speak, you can influence. If you can influence, you can change lives".
This quote rightly depicts the importance of speech and communication. When it comes to making an influence, Public Speaking plays a pivotal role. Public Speaking is still a crucial skill in today's world, even more so with the increased use of digital communication platforms. Whether it is delivering a presentation at work, giving a speech at an event, or even creating content for social media, effective public speaking can help us connect with our audience and convey our message clearly and persuasively.
Public Speaking is the act of delivering a speech or a presentation to an audience. It can acquire many forms, from a formal keynote address to a casual conversation with friends. Public speaking aims to convey our ideas to a large group of people and make an impact.
There is no doubt about admitting that most successful and influential people have one trait in common: Public Speaking.
There are innumerable benefits of Public Speaking skills when it comes to Kids.
- Clear Communication: Many children in the world still struggle to communicate and share their thoughts. Public speaking requires kids to articulate their thoughts and ideas clearly and effectively, which can help them improve public speaking and communicate more confidently in everyday situations.
- Self-Confidence: Speaking with confidence in front of a group can help kids build self-confidence and develop stronger self-esteem.
- Enhanced Critical Thinking: In today's rapidly evolving era, where everyone has their viewpoint, the art of Public Speaking not only encourages kids to think critically about their ideas and arguments and consider alternative perspectives and counterarguments.
- Expanded knowledge and learning: Learning and Researching are the two main pillars of a student's life. Preparing for a speech requires research and practice, which helps kids expand their knowledge and understanding of a particular topic.
- Increased social awareness: Public speaking can help kids better understand different cultures, beliefs, and viewpoints and become more empathetic and compassionate towards others.
- Improved Body Language: Public speaking can have significant benefits on body language. When speaking effectively in front of an audience, your body language can convey confidence, enthusiasm, and sincerity. Public speaking can help kids become more aware of their body language and how they can use it to communicate more effectively.
Different Careers in Public Speaking
"Speech is power; speech is to persuade, convert, and compel." This quote correctly describes the importance of Public Speaking in Professional life. In today's unconventional world, the skill of Public Speaking is not only a necessity in a career but also a career itself.
- Public speaking coach or trainer: Public speaking tutors or trainers work with individuals or groups to help them improve their public speaking skills, overcome fear and anxiety, and develop compelling presentations.
- Motivational Speakers: Motivational speakers are hired to inspire and motivate audiences with their stories, experiences, and advice. They often speak at conferences, seminars, and other events. Many famous public speakers are changing thousands of people's lives with impactful speeches.
- Politicians and public servants: Politicians and public servants must communicate effectively with their constituents, colleagues, and the media. Public speaking is an integral part of their job, as they must articulate their vision, advocate for their policies, and persuade others to act.
- Teachers and professors: Teachers leave an impact on their students' life. Teachers are the future leaders' makers, so they must communicate effectively with their students, colleagues, and parents.
- Sales and marketing professionals: Sales and marketing professionals must be able to communicate the value of their products or services to potential customers. Public speaking skills can be valuable in these roles, as they may need to give presentations or pitches to clients or investors.
- Media personalities: Media personalities, such as news anchors, talk show hosts, and podcasters, must be able to communicate effectively on camera or in front of a live audience.
How does the Public Speaking Program at 98thPercentile Help Kids?
- The Public speaking program offered by 98thPercentile offers one class per week. The total duration of the program is ten months. There are a maximum of 10 students in a class. The total duration of each class is between 60 to 75 minutes.
- The Public speaking classes start with an introduction and interaction with the students. A well-crafted introduction can set the stage for a positive and productive interaction with kids. The introduction sets the tone for the conversation, activity, or that follows. It also creates excitement, curiosity, or anticipation in kids and helps them engage with the material.
- The new topic is being taught in the class, and the homework for the next class is assigned.
- The homework evaluation is a crucial part of a public speaking class. Homework evaluation helps teachers provide valuable feedback to students about their performance, strengths, and areas for improvement.
- Parents will be invited to the class every 4th week of a month, and students will present their assignments in front of parents.
- We have conducted Ted-Ed classes for our enrolled students, students from different courses, and non-98thPercentilers. Everyone attends the lesson classes and, in the end, attends a master class by US faculty.
- Our students' Ted-Ed videos are already on the 'Ted-Ed student talks Youtube channel.
Public speaking is essential for individuals to develop, as it can have many personal and professional benefits. In a world where effective communication is increasingly essential, public speaking can be a valuable tool for success.