Kids Coding programs refer to the opportunities available for children to get involved with computer and improve their math skills, writing academic performance, become confident problem solvers, and much more. But, what does ‘coding for kids’ mean? Well, on the most basic level, kids coding is how we communicate with computers, and what we use to build apps, video games, etc.
Coding classes for kids is not just about learning a computer programming language; there are so many advantages of computer coding for kids that support the all-rounded development.
Below are a few advantages of online coding for kids:
- Creativity: Coding fosters so much creativity. When we code we can build and run our own computer & video games, and other interactive digital artwork. The activity involves creating our own designs, including storytelling, computer graphics, and developing our own imaginary worlds and animated characters.
- Problem-Solving: Withcoding programs, our kids get involved with problem-solving skills by creating solutions to many problems. As they code, they learn that there is no one way to do something and that even if their way didn’t work. Having kids learn coding prepares them for future challenges. Coding help kids with communication, creativity, math, writing, and confidence.
- Teamwork: "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships." With coding, kids get the golden opportunity of building projects together. They get involved in project management, communicating in a team, and discussion with others. With coding, kids learn alongside others of every race, gender, or background. Kids meet and learn how to collaborate others, all joined by a common interest in technology.
- Presentation Skills: “Just as you can’t rehearse your way to success, you can’t design your way there either.” While learning to code, kids give presentations on their developed project. This definitely promotes self-confidence in them. When kids learn how to code, they also learn how to communicate with the most simple-minded audience imaginable: computers. Hence, coding teaches kids how to break down complex ideas and arrange them in a way that computers can understand.
- Empathy: When kids design an app, they learn
about user experience. They also learn about the overall experience of a person using a product such as a website or a computer application, especially in terms of how easy or pleasing it is to use.
- Competitive Advantage: If kids possess a hot and much-demanded skill that many of their peers lack - such as the ability to code; they instantly appear more desirable in the eyes of potential college/university admissions officers. Plain and simple.
- Fun and Satisfying: While programming is logic-based, it’s also an extremely creative and fun activity. If kids know how to code, they can develop the aforementioned applications, video games, websites, and much more!
As you can see, computer coding for kids offers more than just writing lines of code. There are many advantages that have nothing to do with coding. When choosing a coding program for your child, consider his/her level, cognitive abilities, and outcomes you’d like to achieve for your kid. If you’re unsure, ask our technology specialist at 98th Percentile. If your child would like to earn how to code in a fun, encouraging environment, try out our free interactive online classes. Perfect for all age-groups!
98thPercentile helps your child enter the world of programming and grow their passion for writing code by immersing a child in the field of learning while they play in different worlds and themes. Remember, your child can be a successful programmer, developer, or computer scientist. All our courses were developed by technology experts, to ensure that the experience is both fun and satisfying. Try 98th Percentile now by booking a free trial session here!