Math promotes logical thinking and mental rigor. Math is also a valuable method for developing mental discipline. Additionally, comprehending mathematics is essential for learning other academic fields like physics, social studies, music, and art. All students need a solid understanding of math, which has proven helpful in almost all aspects of life. We utilize math daily; therefore, being proficient in it is an excellent requirement for success in the future. The students need to build a solid foundation to support academic success as math studies emphasize operations and algebraic reasoning, operations in base 10, fractions, measurement & data, and geometry.
The most widespread myth about academics is that whenever a student is upgraded to the next grade, it instantly signifies and guarantees that the student has fully grasped all the lessons delivered and completed in the previous grades.
Simply put, this is only sometimes the case. Even if a child has advanced to the next grade with an overall solid performance in one or more areas, there may still be skill gaps from earlier grades that need to be filled. It is not sufficient for the students to accomplish well in their current grades to truly execute academic excellence.
Students must be proficient in all the math concepts they have studied and covered in prior grades. The grades from earlier years can constantly be improved. The inability of students to perform in their current grades may also be due to skill gaps that they may have had in past grades. If the gaps from earlier grades are not filled in appropriately, they can constitute a significant barrier to a student's learning.
The concern now emerges is how a student or parent can determine the skill gaps in math from earlier grades. How are they supposed to be aware of the skill gaps or the teachings from the prior grades?
To find out where your child stands in math, take our free online Math Placement Test on our well-regarded platform.
The advantages of taking the placement test include the following:
- A student will always be able to perform significantly better in their current grade by addressing the skill gaps from their previous grades. A child will obtain conceptual clarity in the concepts from the current grade once they have 100% proficiency in the topics from their prior grades.
- Questions on our online math placement test start right from kindergarten. This will ensure that you can determine your child's level of competency and spot any skill gaps they may have right away from the fundamental level. This ensures the student fills in all the loopholes from prior grades, leaving all fulfilled.
- The required and unpredicted start of the lockdown in 2020 has left students with significant learning gaps across their academic careers. Using the placement test, you can determine what grade level your child is proficient in. Knowing your child's potential cognitive gaps from their prior grades will also be helpful so you can make the necessary plans to close them.
- Taking the placement test lets you know the skill gaps between grades and pinpoint the areas or subjects your child needs to focus on to close the gaps between the grades. It assists you in creating a strategy to support your child's beginning of working and learning the skill gap lesson subjects.
- In today's competitive environment, students with no skill gaps and complete conceptual understanding will always be able to achieve better than other students. Taking the placement test and filling in the skill gaps will help your child flourish academically and professionally.
Even though skill gaps do not affect a student's promotion to the next grade level, they may prevent them from acquiring the necessary clarification for their current and future grades. So it's essential to fill these skill gaps as soon as possible before it's too late.
To find out what math skills your child may be lacking, sign up for the free Math Placement Test by 98thPercentile and then speak with a specialist to enroll them in a trial class as soon as possible.
At 98thPercentile, we work diligently to ingrain the crucial ideas and abilities necessary for mastery of the math curriculum. We pay special attention to how each student learns and personalize the classes to suit their particular requirements. From the convenience of your home, 98thPercentile offers a quality and comprehensive math program.
The math program at 98thPercentile combines live classroom instruction with innovative online learning opportunities. With just an internet-connected device, the format enables students to interact with their teacher and fellow students from almost anywhere. The pedagogical techniques used to support the curriculum have been supported by research and shown to be effective.
Our math program is intended to teach your child's whole school level in 6 months. The program calls for two 50-minute classes each week, including one-on-one parent-teacher interaction every month. It is in line with Common Core State Standard criteria.
It is always recommended for students to take the Math Placement Test since it gives their teacher a clear picture of where the student is in their math academic journey and allows them to assign remedial sessions effectively. Teachers at 98thPercentile give students more individual attention and design lessons to fill up any knowledge gaps from earlier years and ensure they are on plan to complete their grade level within six months successfully. This also correlates to success in their usual classrooms, as they can apply the abilities they gain at 98thPercentile to their everyday schooling.
Find out your child's actual grade level of competency by taking the FREE online math placement test.
To learn more about the math program and how it will advance your child, register for FREE TRIAL CLASSES at 98thPercentile.