Understanding of the concepts. It covers broad topics of various genres that include English and Math subjects that demand consistent practice by the students. So the SAT requires thorough learning and in-depth knowledge of these subjects to solve the questions. We have a piece of advice for readers that being one of the most intricate exams in the world the SAT exam should not be taken for granted.
A student needs to go through all the levels starting from basics to advanced levels of learning. Most of the students hence prefer to take up the exam in high school. A reason behind this is they find it easy to grasp the knowledge of the subjects when they grow higher in grades. Still, there are exceptions as some of the students do challenge to take the exam as early in 6th grade. But since the SAT curriculum is broad, it becomes a little tough for students of such age to cover all the questions. Be clear, that taking up the SAT in 6th grade can be challenging for students, but it is not impossible to get a good score in it.
Below mentioned are some points to bring about certainty concerning whether the students should take the SAT in 6th grade or not:
- Acquaintance: The most noteworthy advantage of taking up the SAT in 6th grade is that the students become acquainted or familiar with the questions of the SAT exam. They get to know the exact pattern and the complexity of the paper. Eventually, when they give the exam again in high school, they face fewer obstacles as compared to those who had not given the review already. It can be considered as a mock test for the students to get an idea of the exam and later prepare accordingly. The SAT practice test is also available online for this purpose that can help students in solving the SAT exam efficiently.
- Summer programs: Many reputed colleges provide summer programs to students who clear the SAT at a young age. They ask for a good SAT score. So if a student plans to enroll for a summer program, then they can take up the SAT exam in 6th grade. Free SAT prep courses online can guide students with a better perception of the topics and expected questions.
- College admissions: The SAT score achieved in 6th grade would not be considered for taking up admission in colleges. This is because SAT scores are valid only for five years. So the colleges will discuss the contemporary SAT score achieved by the student and not the earlier one.
- Extra efforts: For clearing the SAT at that tender age, the student has to put some additional efforts from their end. He or she has to manage the SAT studies besides the classroom studies they have been doing. It requires an extra push from their side. Since SAT preparation in 6th grade is not taken up by teachers in the class, it becomes difficult for students to grasp the topics. So students can search for the best online SAT prep courses that will help them in clarifying their uncertainties.
- Development of mind: Taking up the SAT exam as early as in 6th grade, can help in developing the spirit of the child to a considerable extent. He/she is supposed to practice algebra, geometry at that age, which children of their age group are not preparing. He or she gets an extra edge over others. So for those students who wish to develop themselves by taking up this paper, they can refer to the 6th grade SAT practice test for a better understanding of the whole exam.
- Mental pressure: The SAT exam should not be attended when a child is not fully prepared for this challenge. He or she gets an extra mass in his mind, which he has to bear. Unless the child is ready enough, they should not give the paper. A student might require full time to complete the syllabus thoroughly. And with this tight schedule, if they include the SAT exam preparation, it becomes hectic for them. The child should love their studies and feel passionate about it, but as hectic as it gets, they start to feel the pressure.
We firmly believe that the mental capacity of a child has a decisive role in determining whether he or she can take this exam or not. This is because the SAT exam demands sound perseverance and will power to get a good score in the paper, and the student should decide if they are ready to dedicate extra effort and attention at a very young age. So if your child is prepared to invest time for the SAT, 98thPercentile can help students to fill any skill gaps and advance further in the program at a faster rate. Enroll your child for free trial today!